Press Coverage of Our Campaign
- A fight over SEPTA’s natural gas generator continues, even as construction nears its end | Jason Laughlin, Philadelphia Inquirer, September 18, 2018
- Court Radio: Community Activists Jondi Harrell and Mitch Chanin | A radio interview by Dean Weitzman about our opposition to SEPTA’s Nicetown gas plant, My Philly Lawyer, July 22, 2018
- SEPTA, this doc knows best | Letter to the Editor, Tarik Khan, Philadelphia Weekly, July 3, 2018
- Gas plant plan is unwise | Letter to the Editor, Judy Morgan, Philadelphia Inquirer, July 1, 2018
- SEPTA’s new natural gas plant exemplifies environmental racism | Opinion, City Councilmember Cindy Bass, Philadelphia Inquirer, June 21, 2018
- Nicetown Neighbors Continue Fight Against SEPTA Power Plant | A coalition of neighborhood groups is asking the city’s Zoning Board to scuttle the project, calling it “a continuation of obvious environmental racism.”, Joe Trinacria, Philly Magazine, June 12, 2018
- SEPTA’s power plant proposal attracts opposition | Environmentalists Oppose Plan SEPTA Says Helps Sustainability, Sam Newhouse, Metro, April 17,2018
- Philly Neighbors Against SEPTA Gas Plant, NBC Philadelphia, April 11, 2018
- Nicetown neighbors make a case against SEPTA’s new natural gas plant | Fighting for Air, Danielle Corcione, Grid Magazine, March 15, 2018
- Gas Plant Goes On, Karen Melton, Weavers Way Shuttle, January 2018
Note: The Shuttle editor added a phrase to the article which is completely inaccurate. The statement on paragraph 5 should simply read “SEPTA claims the 8.6 megawatt plant will result in a reduction of greenhouse gases at the site…”
- Expanding the Electorate, Steven Wishnia, The Indypendent, December 26 2017
- Standing Up to Environmental Racism: This Philadelphia Neighborhood Is Trying to Stop a Natural Gas Plant from Being Built. Video Report from Al Jazeera’s AJ+, December 10, 2017
- SEPTA Is Ready To Proceed With The Nicetown Natural Gas Plant, Joe Williams, PhillyPurge, December 7, 2017
- Health Department authorizes SEPTA natural gas plant in Nicetown, Catalina Jaramillo, Philadelphia Business Journal, December 4, 2017
- Despite Opposition, SEPTA Granted Permit for Natural Gas Plant in North Philly, Marielle Mondon, PhillyVoice, December 3, 2017
- Health Department Authorizes SEPTA Natural Gas Plant in Nicetown, Catalina Jaramillo, PlanPhilly (WHYY), December 1, 2017
- Activists Work To Stop Construction Of SEPTA Natural Gas Plant, Paul Kurtz, KYW News Radio, November 30, 2017
- SEPTA Gas-Fired Power Plant Update, Karen Melton, Weavers Way Shuttle, August 2017
- Fight the Power (Plant)!, Karen Melton, East Falls Local, August 3, 2017
- Waiting Game Begins for Proposed SEPTA Power Plant, John Mitchell, Philadelphia Tribune, June 30, 2017
- SEPTA Approves Big Solar Project, Andrew Maykuth, Philadelphia Inquirer, May 25, 2017
- Philly, L.A. Transit Agencies Face Questions Over Power Plans, Jen Kinney, Next City, April 4, 2017
- Bass Asks SEPTA To Move or Halt Nicetown Natural Gas Plant, Layla Jones, Philadelphia Tribune, March 11, 2017
- SEPTA’s Plan For Natural Gas Plant May Put Nicetown Residents In Harm’s Way, Laura Cofsky, Hidden City Philadelphia, January 27, 2017
- Philadelphians Demand Green Jobs, but SEPTA and PECO Supply Smoggy Air, Suzy Subways, January 16, 2017
- Climate Concerns for SEPTA, a letter to the editor of the Chestnut Hill Local, Judy Morgan, January 2017, archived here.
- SEPTA Gas Plant Wrong Choice for NW Philly, a letter to the editor of the Chestnut Hill Local, Meenal Raval & Amy Edelman, December 2016, archived here, and here.
- SEPTA Approves Natural Gas Power Plant, Jason Laughlin, Philadelphia Inquirer, November 17, 2016.
- Residents Weary: SEPTA’s Proposed Plant in Nicetown, Philadelphia Tribune, September 27, 2016.
- A Power Plant in Our Backyard?, an editorial in East Falls Local. Karen Melton. July 2016.
- SEPTA, Go Sustainable, a letter to the editor of Philadelphia Inquirer. Laura Cofsky, Philadelphia Inquirer, June 25, 2016
- SEPTA Power Plant Provokes Climate Activists. Andrew Maykuth, Philadelphia Inquirer, June 20, 2016
- Local Environmental Group Questions SEPTA Proposal for Natural Gas Plant in Nicetown, Jim Saksa, PlanPhilly (WHYY). June 6, 2016
- Nightly News TV report about community forum in Nicetown, NBC10, May 25, 2016.
Page last updated: January 2nd, 2018