We have the Pennsylvania Governor, the Department of Environmental Protection, the Public Utility Commission, and many legislators, all believing the gas industry’s line about fracking and the need for pipelines; while risking our health, water & air in the process. We have strength in numbers and this page intends to share that.
Learn about local pipelines
Two maps are requisite. One showing the major pipelines, and one showing the counties, to better position you.
The Clean Air Council has tells the legal battle for each of these pipelines here. See also their mapping of gas infrastructure through-out our state. StateImpactPA has some good coverage on their Pipeline page.
Learn about local pipeline battles
- Algonquin Incremental Market Project – from PA into New England
- Company: Spectra Energy
- Resistance: Stop the Algonquin Pipeline Expansion
- Atlantic Sunrise Pipeline
- Central Penn Pipeline by the Williams / Energy Partners
- Constitution Pipeline – from Susquehanna County, PA into NY state
- Company: Williams’ Transcontinental Pipeline Co
- Resistance: Stop the Pipeline
- Diamond East Pipeline – from Lycoming & Luzerne Counties in PA to Mercer County in NJ, just a few miles east of the PennEast pipeline
- Company: Williams Company
- East Side Expansion – near the Delaware Watergap & Milford PA, see map
- Company: Columbia Pipeline Group
- Leidy Southeast Expansion
- Company: Williams Transco
- Mariner East 1 pipeline
- Mariner East 2 pipeline
- Mariner East 3 pipeline
- New Jersey Natural Gas Pipeline – proposed to run through Burlington, Monmouth and Ocean counties
- PennEast Pipeline – 100 mile pipeline to move fracked gas from Luzerne County PA to Mercer County NJ, across preserved lands & watersheds in Hunterdon & Mercer Counties.
- Pilgrim Oil Pipeline would transport shale oil from ND via Albany NY to Linden NJ, crossing
- Bergen County
- Passaic County
- Morris County
- Essex County
- Union County
- South Jersey Gas Pipeline to travel along 10 miles and 1.1 million acres of protected forest (the Pinelands), for what? to deliver fracked gas so that a coal power plant can morph into a gas power plant. Would go through Atlantic County, Cape May County, & Cumberland County. A good coverage by philly.com here.
- Southern Reliability Link Pipeline – from PennEast Pipeline into NJ, see map,
- Company: New Jersey Natural Gas
- Spectra Philadelphia Lateral – Western PA to Philadelphia for LNG export
- Texas Eastern system
If we’ve missed your group or a pipeline, please let us know!