There’s plans to develop a liquid natural gas (LNG) processing and storage site in Philadelphia. It’s dubbed the Passyunk Energy Center. Read our take on it here: The Passyunk Energy Center? Just Say No!
Despite rousing public opposition to the project, the Philadelphia Gas Commission voted to OK this project. Read our perspective here: Resistance to the proposed Passyunk Energy Center.
Then sign our petition to state that you’re against this project.
If you can represent an organization, please sign the coalition letter for your organization. Here’s who’s signed to date:
- Delaware Riverkeeper Network
- Green Justice Philly
- Neighbors Against The Gas Plants
- 350 Philadelphia
- Philly Thrive
- Clean Water Action
- POWER Interfaith
- Sierra Club — Southeastern PA Group (SPG)
- Moms Clean Air Force — PA Chapter
- Clean Air Council
- Philly Electric Wheels
- Food & Water Watch
- [UPenn] Penn Environmental Group
- Weavers Way Co-op — Environment Committee
- Philadelphia Ready for 100
- Physicians for Social Responsibility — Philadelphia
- Philadelphia DSA
- Energy Justice Network
- Sunrise Movement — Philadelphia
Thanks from the entire 350 Philly team as well as the No LNG in Philly coalition!
last edit: January 2, 2019