There’s plans to develop a liquid natural gas (LNG) processing and storage site in Philadelphia. It’s dubbed the Passyunk Energy Center. Read our take on it here: The Passyunk Energy Center? Just Say No!
Despite rousing public opposition to the project, the Philadelphia Gas Commission voted to OK this project. Read our perspective here: Resistance to the proposed Passyunk Energy Center.
Then sign our petition to state that you’re against this project.
If you can represent an organization, please sign the coalition letter for your organization. Here’s who’s signed to date:
- Delaware Riverkeeper Network
- Green Justice Philly
- Neighbors Against The Gas Plants
- 350 Philadelphia
- Philly Thrive
- Clean Water Action
- POWER Interfaith
- Sierra Club — Southeastern PA Group (SPG)
- Moms Clean Air Force — PA Chapter
- Clean Air Council
- Philly Electric Wheels
- Food & Water Watch
- [UPenn] Penn Environmental Group
- Weavers Way Co-op — Environment Committee
- Philadelphia Ready for 100
- Physicians for Social Responsibility — Philadelphia
- Ecosocialist Group in Philly DSA
- Energy Justice Network
- Sunrise Movement — Philadelphia
- The Black Church Center for Justice and Equality
- 5th Square PAC
- Emergence Education Press
- Sisters of the Blessed Sacrament
- Women’s Medical Fund
- 500 Women Scientists, Philly Pod
- Reclaim Philadelphia
- Philly DSA Ecosocialists
See recent letter to the editor by Anthony Borzotta, published on the 2/3/19 Inquirer.
Though the Philadelphia Gas Commission voted to proceed with this project, it still needs City Council to deliberate and vote on this.
Read about, and view, the public hearing on February 27th, 2019. You’ll find our testimony against this project.
Citizens keep showing up at City Council sessions, reminding them that this is an unwanted, and unneeded, project. View our testimony on March 14th, 2019, on March 21st, 2019, on March 28th, 2019, on April 4, 2019, on April 11, 2019 and most recently on May 2, 2019.
All this means we get another chance to show public opposition when the entire council gets to vote on this.
Please call or tweet any & all of the Council members listed below, stating that you oppose this project, bill# 181063.
District council members
- Mark Squilla | 215.686.3458 | @cmmarksquilla
- Kenyatta Johnson | 215.686.3412 | @councilmankj
- Jannie Blackwell | 215.686.3418 | @councilwomanjlb
- Curtis Jones | 215.686.3416 | @mr4thdistrict
- Darrell Clarke | 215.686.3442 | @darrell_clarke
- Bobby Henon | 215-686-3444 | @bobbyhenon
- Maria Quinones-Sanchez | 215.686.3448 | @mariaqsanchez
- Bass Bass | 215.686.3424 | @cindybassphilly
- Cherelle Parker | 215.686.3454 | @mbtphillydem
- Brian O’Neill | 215.686.3422 | @oneill4nephilly
At-large council members
- Allan Domb | 215.686.3414 | @teamdomb
- Derek Green | 215.686.3450 | @councilmanderek
- Helen Gym | 215.686.3420 | @HelenGymAtLarge
- David Oh | 215.686.3452 | @davidohphilly
- Al Taubenberger | 215.686.3440 | @AlTaubenberger
- Blondell Reynolds Brown | 215.686.3438 | @councilwomanbrb
- William Greenlee | 215.686.3446 | @billgreenlee215
last edit: May 12, 2019